Corporate Social Responsibility
Everyone who works for Matthews & Goodman knows and understands that we have a responsibility, as a firm and individuals, to manage the social, environmental and economic impact of everything we do, as well as the impact of the advice we give.
The cornerstones of our CSR philosophy are:
As an employer, we are dedicated to a sustainable policy of diversity and equal opportunities.
Everyone who works for the firm has a Personal Development Plan, designed to help them reach their full potential. This is underpinned by a programme of appraisals, training, mentoring and creating opportunities for self-advancement.
Our relationship with clients is underpinned by a value system based on professionalism, integrity and transparency.
To ensure the service we deliver meets the most stringent quality standards, we are audited by external organisations such as:
- DNV GL: we have held ISO 9001 certification since 2006
- The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
As part of our commitment to the communities we live and work in we:
- Offer work experience and run a comprehensive Professional and Business Training Programme for newly qualified graduates
- Support local charities through fundraising and volunteer initiatives (see below).
We help local charities through our corporate donations, employee volunteering and supporting our employees' personal fundraising activities.
Our current nominated charity is Cancer Research UK.
Everyone in the firm is also currently supporting team "All Change", a fundraising initiative founded by Holly Hinvest, daughter of Matthews & Goodman partner Craig Hinvest. The initiative supports a number of cancer and children's related charities: The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity, CLIC Sargent, Children With Cancer UK and Rockinghorse.
To find out more about the organisations we are supporting and fundraising to date, please click here.
We have raised a total of over £10,000 for local and national charities.
As part of our commitment to minimise the impact of our activities on the environment, we:
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation
- Incorporate environmental and sustainability considerations in our day-to-day activities, particularly focusing on reducing the use of materials, and maximising energy efficiency and recycling activities
- Provide our clients with the best advice to ensure that they are aware of the environmental impact of their (property related) actions and decisions.