The cornerstones of our CSR philosophy are Charity, People, Clients, Community and Environment.
We help local charities through our corporate donations, employee volunteering and supporting our employees' personal fundraising activities.
Our current nominated charities are:
Liverpool - Papyrus UK
London City - The Childhood Trust
London West End - Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity
Manchester - The Children's Adventure Farm Trust
As an employer, we are dedicated to a sustainable policy of diversity and equal opportunities.
Underpinning our 'People Strategy' is a fundamental belief that our remit is to help every person who works for Matthews & Goodman reach their full potential. This is achieved by an integrated programme of appraisals, training, mentoring and creating opportunities for self-advancement.
Our relationship with clients is underpinned by a value system based on professionalism, integrity and transparency.
To ensure the service we deliver meets the most stringent quality standards, we are audited by external organisations such as:
- DNV GL: we have held ISO 9001 certification since 2006
- The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
As part of our commitment to the communities we live and work in we:
- Offer work experience and run a comprehensive Professional and Business Training Programme for newly qualified graduates
- Support local charities through fundraising and volunteer initiatives.
As part of our commitment to minimise the impact of our activities on the environment, we:
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation
- Incorporate environmental and sustainability considerations in our day-to-day activities, particularly focusing on reducing the use of materials, and maximising energy efficiency and recycling activities
- Provide our clients with the best advice to ensure that they are aware of the environmental impact of their (property related) actions and decisions.