Our Graduate Training Programme
Our two-year programme provides graduates with hands-on experience of all the major disciplines related to commercial property consultancy.
- Rotation - you will spend a minimum of six months with a combination of professional and transactional teams
- Involvement - you will become an integral part of the team, enjoying significant levels of responsibility from the start
- Mentoring - you will have a personal APC Counsellor and Supervisor to guide you through the programme and help you to prepare for your final assessment - as well as a "Graduate Buddy" scheme to support you
- Training - as part of the firm's comprehensive training plan, you will be able to benefit from the firm's CPD Foundation programme (which offers free access to lectures and webinars to help you prepare for your APC exams) and attend in-house courses and workshops.
Everything we do is designed to provide you with all the relevant experience and skills you need to pass your APC and succeed as a professional surveyor.
Our goal is to help you grow into a successful business leader, not just a good surveyor which is why our APC qualified graduates stay with us and build long, successful and fulfilling careers.
Salary and Benefits
- A competitive salary
- 24 day's paid holiday and rising with length of service (including office closure over Christmas & New Year plus public & bank holidays)
- Payment of RICS subscriptions and APC fees
- Discretionary annual incentive scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Private healthcare insurance
- Medical cash plan
- Life Insurance
- Mobile Device
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- One day allowance per annum for volunteering
Our recruitment criteria
At Matthews & Goodman, we have a stringent diversity and equal opportunities policy, which is why we have no preconceived ideas about candidates' experience, skills or previous personal/professional lives.
Our aim is to recruit four/five graduates a year and our criteria include:
- At least a 2.1 degree obtained, or predicted, on RICS accredited undergraduate or postgraduate degree course.
- A keen interest in the property industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Relevant work experience.