Property Regatta 2019
Thursday 19th & Friday 20th September 2019
Port Hamble Marina, Hamble, Southampton, SO31 4PL
Day 1 - Thursday 19th September
- 18.00 - Arrive for registration, Port Hamble Marina, Hamble
- 19.00 – Supper at the Royal Southern Yacht Club, Hamble
- 23.00 – Evening draws to a close, taxi back to the Lodge at Solent
Day 2 – Friday 20th September
- 08.00 – Return to Port Hamble Marina for breakfast at Banana Wharf Restaurant
- 09.00 – Meet your skipper, followed by an onboard safety briefing
- 10.00 – Practice morning learning how to sail together as a team
- 12.15 - Racing lunches provided onboard
- 12.45 – Racing starts under instruction from the Race Committee
- 16.00 – Return to Port Hamble Marina
- 17.00 – Prize giving and afternoon tea in Port Hamble Marina
- 17.30 – Depart at leisure
Accommodation & Meals
A room has been booked for you for the evening of Thursday 19th September at the Lodge at Solent. Check in is from 3pm and check out is at 11am.
Lodge at Solent
t. 01489 880 035
Meals provided include supper on Thursday evening, plus breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea on Friday.
What to bring
Wet weather gear is provided by our hosts, Britannia Corporate Sailing Events. For general clothing, several thin layers are better than one thick layer (quick dry if possible) so you can control your temperature:
- Cotton trousers, shorts or jogging bottoms are preferred to jeans
- Leggings or thermal bottoms may be required outside of summer dates
- A pair of soft-soled non marking shoes to wear on board - ideally deck shoes or trainers
- A warm jacket and/or fleece always comes in handy for cooler days
- A cap/hat and scarf
- Sunglasses, sun cream and lip balm
- If you have soft hands sailing gloves are a good idea and available to purchase on arrival if required
- If you take regular medication or require any seasickness tablets on the day please bring these with you (seasickness is uncommon unless conditions are unusually rough)
Please bring all kit in a soft bag or rucksack (30L max) - not hard, wheeled cases, as they cause damage.
By Car: Exit the M27 at Junction 8 and follow the signs for Hamble /A3024. At the large roundabout take the second exit next to Tesco superstore signposted Hamble, Stay in the right hand lane, and cross straight over the mini roundabout (2nd exit). Continue straight over the second mini roundabout (2nd exit). At the 3rd roundabout, take the first junction to Hamble, to take you onto Hamble Lane. Continue along Hamble Lane, through Hamble village and just after the main square, turn right into Marina Drive – signposted Port Hamble Marina.
Car Parking: Limited parking is available in the Marina. Please let us know if you are planning on driving as we will need to obtain a permit. This will be handed to you on arrival. On entering the marina, please park in the ‘Pay & Display’ area on the left hand side. You may obtain a ticket from the machine for 3 hours free parking whilst you collect your permit.
By Train from London: Direct train service depart every 30 mins from London Waterloo to Southampton airport parkway. Journey time is approx. 1hr 10 mins. It’s quickest if you get off at Southampton Airport Parkway (the station before Southampton Central) and take a taxi to Port Hamble. Please be sure to ask for Port Hamble Marina (NOT Hamble Point!)
Taxi: There is a taxi rank at the train station, or you can pre book using Radio Cars (Southampton) - 02380 666666.
Insurance & Disclaimer
It is the responsibility of every crew member to ensure that they have suitable and adequate personal insurance, before embarkation. The organisers and Matthews & Goodman shall have no responsibility for death, personal injury suffered, consequential loss, economic loss or loss of profit as a result of participation at or during the Property Regatta organised by Britannia Corporate Sailing Events of Port Hamble Marina, Southampton.